Thursday, July 15, 2010

UBUNTU - ECM Vendor Expands OS Support

My old readers may notice I've expanded this blog to include news about Ubuntu (Linux-Desktop OS). Ubuntu is what I use on a Notebook (aka Laptop) system to learn about Linux and Ubuntu.

I've deiced that Ubuntu is very good and worth mention. But I will restrict posts to news about Ubuntu, since I am not expert enough to give advice on Ubuntu.

"Alfresco certified for Ubuntu" by Maxwell Cooter, TechWorld 7/14/2010

Excerpt

Enterprise content management vendor Alfresco, has been certified to work on the Ubuntu stack. The company's Enterprise Edition 3.3 is now certified on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Server.

Ubuntu owner Canonical has been pushing the Linux distribution hard in the past few months so this move appears to support the growing acceptance of Ubuntu as an enterprise operating system.

"When we surveyed our customers about what future platforms to support, Ubuntu was the overwhelming choice," said Paul Hampton, Alfresco's director of product marketing.

No comments: